The Intern in Metal Operations will assist the team in the daily monitoring of physical transactions realized with international mining groups and other actors in the precious metals environment.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Running daily control tasks across all clients to ensure :
- Completeness and accuracy of information and documentation received (airway bill, packing list, collection advice, assay certificate, etc) and update the system on the status of the shipments.
- Follow up on provisional and final payments related to precious metal supply, based on payment terms and status of shipment (transit, arrival at plant, metal assay).
- Monitoring and reconciling client accounts and client balances (following up on price fixing, payment and delivery dates).
- Reviewing computation and booking of interests on provisional payments.
- Participating in the test phase (UAT) of new software that will be implemented to track and trace incoming shipments and perform all metal operations tasks from delivery at origin until finalization of the refining process, pricing, and payment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor/Master’s degree level in Finance, Supply Chain, Economics or another relevant field.
- No specific work experience is required in the field
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Logical and critical mindset,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer orientation,
- Proactive, agile and flexible mindset, reactive to requests,
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail,
- Team player, ability to interact with colleagues of diverse cultures,
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and French; knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Swiss national or holder of a valid Swiss working permit.